Tuesday, September 15, 2009

World Literacy Day: Painting Competition

(By Amita Naresh Zoya, 2nd Std)

A little note by Sabah Merchant, a psychology student and a Pratham volunteer. One of the reason we love our work....we get to meet so many amazing people everywhere.

“I decided to volunteer mainly because kids teach me more than what I ever can. They have the energy, innocence and drive which is seen in adults as well but it is in a purer form when it comes to kids. I also decided to volunteer because I feel a sense of satisfaction when I am with the kids. This happens because very few things in life are done selflessly or without some or the other motives….being with the kids enables me to nurture my true self and find happiness in what I am doing.

My experience has been fantastic! The teachers were very humble and forthcoming…. the kids reminded me of myself way back in school and realised that kids will be kids and that’s the way I love them. I have seen excitement and warmth in their eyes which brings an immense sense of joy to my heart because it is so transparent! One of the most amazing things was the fact that inspite of not winning the competition, they cheered for everyone, regardless of anything…..and wrote and drew the paintings with dedication. Nothing was just in passing….they loved doing what they did and I loved watching them and talking to them. There was a sense of sincerity and they looked up to their teachers which is very important. Respect is something that comes with time and experience and they will carry forward these lessons further in life…..”


(Farhan Ansari, 3rd Std)

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTA FEED

Pratham Education Foundation

Pratham India is the official blog of non-for-profit organization Pratham Education Foundation showcasing exciting stories throughout India.

Follow

 Follow us on Twitter!   Follow us on facebook!   Follow us on instagram!   Follow us on Youtube!